Monday, February 11, 2013

Vegan Glitter Sphere Boas

Now here is a new product a lot of you will love!  Over the years I've had many requests for featherless boas and after dealing with feathers for those years I have to say I grew very tired of cleaning up their mess.  It was ridiculous how many feathers scraps I had floating around my office and outside my house.   So out with the feathers and in with the tulle!
These boas are around 9 feet long and use about 40 yards of tulle. The Glitter sphere are hand glittered with a special foam glue and product that will make the sphere more resilient to getting knocked around.  I apply 2 coats of glitter to make sure that the foam is fully covered and there is an even coat of sparkle, plus this glue is so awesome there is a minimal amount of glitter on the rampage after it dries.  When I add the spheres to the boas I shake off as much of the loose glitter as I can and the fancy foam glue should keep the rest in place. 

Right now I have a few in stock in my shop for their introductory price of $80. Which is a steal for the amount of work and supplies I put into them.  In the future they will be going for a bit more around $100. A custom one with two colors like the black and white boa below will run about $130.  And of course I stand behind my work if anything ever happens to your boa (or anything else I make) and you need it fixed up I will do it for free.
Custom orders take about 3 weeks since I have to order in the tulle and sometimes the foam sphere depending on how many I have in stock.



Custom extra fluffy Black and White Boa

My Boa Tree at Burlycon 2012 
Custom Fluffy Boa

Pink Glitter Sphere Boa

Burgundy Glitter Sphere Boa

Red Glitter Sphere Boa

Navy Glitter Sphere Boa

No comments:

Post a Comment